Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Saturday Monring's in the 70's

In the 1970’s TV shows for kids were so super innocent compared to what our kids watch today in 2009. The shows I watched as a little girl were about kids going on adventures and super heroes. Some of my favorite Saturday morning shows to watch were…


Dr. Shrinker


Electra Woman & Dyna Girl


Wonder Bug


The Land of the Lost


The only controversies over these shows were that boys had long hair and wore really tight jeans. The 70’s standard of long hair was the hair touched over the top of the ears and the back of the shirt collar. Scandalous! The jeans might have been extra tight but at least that kept their boxers from hanging out! A little over a year ago I ordered The Land of the Lost series from Netflix, I wanted Alex to experience a part of my childhood. I was so excited for her to watch this show and I knew she would just love it because she loves to watch movies about dinosaurs. I remember her reaction when I told her that I use to watch The Land of the Lost when I was a little girl:

Alex: “So, then this is going to look real fake, right?”

She laughed all the way through the first episode she could not get over how fake the effects and costumes looked. I was a little crushed--we laughed together. Then she wanted to watch the next episode and then the next and when Rachel came over she wanted Rachel to watch too. Before you knew it they were both hooked on The Land of The Lost. We watched the entire series together all three of us. Seth pretty much refused to watch!

I’m so excited because The Land of Lost was just made into a movie, starring Will Ferrell and will be released in the theaters in June! I have waited over 30 years to find out if Rick Marshall, Will and Holly make it back home! Hmmm, I wonder if J.J. Abrams ever watched the Land of the Lost as a kid?

5 comments:

Meredith said...

I really don't know any of those shows! You must be really old, Evon! hahaha.....

Ginger said...

How old are you??? When I read the title of the post, I started thinking about smurfs and strawberry shortcake. If I think back really far, I can almost remember Speed Racer. (hee, hee)

Stephanie :) said...

Evon....yesterday I commented, but my comment is missing! I LOVED Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, but no one else has heard of it. I can still remember part of the song... "Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, fight evil."

Evon said...

Stephanie, I'm glad you are as old as me...I was starting to belielve that I was making these show's up!! lol...BTW: Electra Woman & Dyna Girl Rocks!!!!

Tom said...

I enjoyed Saturday morning TV too. I also remember watching Shazam and Isis. I found your blog on the Concepcion Mission site. Seth and I were companions in Tome.