Monday, May 4, 2009

Reflection!

I had the opportunity to attend Women’s Conference at BYU last week. For the past three years I have attended with my friends, Marici from California and Tina from Virginia. We stayed on campus in the dorm rooms and had a great time talking, eating, sharing and learning. This year they couldn't make it for various reasons, so I decided to attend by myself. The conference theme for this year was “Finding Strength in the Lord.” I came away from this conference uplifted and feeling like I’m doing an ok job. But there is always room for improvement!

In two of the classes I attended I heard the same theme: “Women should reflect the mood of the home and set the proper tone so the spirit can dwell there.” As I contemplated this the saying came to mind, “If Mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy!” I realized if I want happiness, peace, and love in my home the way to accomplish this starts with my attitude, mood and the example I set. If I’m having a PMS kinda day I need to find “Strength in the Lord” to help me change my attitude. Instead of blaming my mood on hormones and expecting everyone to “just deal with it,” I need to humble myself and go to my Heavenly Father and ask Him for help even for the little things like hormones!

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. Ether 12:27

It’s good to be home!

2 comments:

Ginger said...

I was thinking about you last week and wondering if you went to women's conference. I'll make it back there some day. I'm glad that you went. Thank you for your post, I needed to hear it.

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you were able to go and then come back and share what you learned with us. I totally needed to hear that today! ;)