Saturday, December 13, 2008

My worst fear

I hate mice, rats and any other thing that resembles a rodent (hamsters and guinea pigs included). I am truly terrified of them. Two weeks ago we were moving some stuff around in the garage and Seth noticed mouse poop, my heart started racing and my body started shaking I was freaking out! He cleaned up the poop found out where the mouse was living and assured me that our uninvited house guest was LONG GONE. And I assured my husband that if I EVER find a mouse in our house that I would be LONG GONE.

Well today it happened. Seth was bringing a box in from the garage and our uninvited house guest jumped out of the box ran across my living room floor and under the Christmas tree. I screamed so loud, "Mouse, mouse, went under tree". I ran into the kitchen jumped on top of the kitchen table I was shaking and freaking out, literally on the verge of tears. The front door happened to be open and Seth grabbed a broom and was able to chase it out of the house. I couldn't get off the table for a least 5 minutes after the ordeal was over. The hair on my body is standing up as I relive this horrible nightmare.

You might be wandering where the cat was during all this...my screaming scared her and she ran and hid, she missed out on a yummy snack!

Guess what Seth will be doing on Monday? Cleaning out the garage!! I assured him if that happens again I will be MOVING OUT!!

PS..thanks honey for thinking so quickly on your feet and getting that thing out of our house in a matter of minutes. This is another good reason why I need to keep you around to protect me from my worst fear. As I said before you are a keeper!
PSS --I'm not joking, I will leave if we ever find one in the house!! oxoxox.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Oh, Evon, I would have freaked in exactly the same manner - I might even say I would rather have the occasional scorpion over mice!

Lucinda said...

I would have loved to see that.... although I would have been on the table with you!

Stephanie :) said...

HYS.TER.ICAL!