Monday, November 1, 2010

The Happiest Place on Earth!

Last February we joined Disneyland in the “Give a day get a day” program and we got free Disneyland tickets for volunteering in our community. So for fall break we were off to California to cash in our free tickets, see some old friends and try out Magic Mountain.

I love Disneyland, but I’m not a Disney fanatic. My house is not decked out in Mickey Mouse stuff. What I love about Disneyland is the exciting energy and to me it really is one of the happiest places on earth.

Our adventure started off with a quick stop at the General Patton Memorial museum in Chiriaci Summit, California. It was really fun looking at the artifacts from this time in history. I left feeling proud to be the daughter of a man who served in WWII.

patton

Our next stop was Anaheim, California — Disneyland!!

disney1

disney2

disney3

After our day at Disneyland we drove to Los Angeles and took the girls to the Simon Weisenthal Museum of Tolerance. In 6th grade Rachel’s class learned about the Holocaust and a Holocaust survivor came to speak to the students and their parents. Alex will get a chance this year to be part of this program at school. At the beginning of the tour we were each given a picture and a name of a Jewish person who lived in Germany at that time and we learned a little bit about them. It was very emotional walking through the 75 minute exhibit at the end of the tour we each found out if our person had died or survived.

We also took the girls to the La Brea Tar Pits and went to visit some friends and family. The next day we took the girls to Magic Mountain and they had a blast! Unfortunately, I was getting over a migraine from the night before so I didn’t get to go on the rides. We had so much fun we forgot to take pictures. Well we do have this one below. Did I mention it was also fright night at Magic Mountain? Very Fun!

100_2810

These girls are quite the adventurous roller coaster-dare-devils. They went on some really hard-core rides. I was kind of glad I had an excuse of not feeling well to get me out of having to chicken out in front of them. We had a fabulous trip!

1 comments:

Ginger said...

How fun for your family! I love California & all the great attractions that are there.