Sunday, June 13, 2010

Another School Year… Where Does the Time Go?

I can’t believe how quickly this school year went by! The kids successfully made it to the next level: Jeremy will be entering 11 grade, Rachel 7th and Alex 6th. This is a bittersweet moment for me because this will be my last year teaching Art Masterpiece and helping out in Alex’s class room. I also taught Art Master piece in Rachel's class this year and will miss spending time with her in class next year.

On the last day of school we made our annual trip to Krispy Kreme to cash in on free doughnuts for every A the kids got! I must brag for a moment and congratulate Alex for her straight A’s on her report card. She also gets $100 for her hard work this year. We gave the kids a goal and if they got straight A’s they would get a $100 as their reward. I was comfortable with this goal thinking that It would be impossible to achieve… guess I was wrong! Rachel is now determined to get straight A’s next year. Both girls made the A/B honor roll for first and second semester, Alex received an Excellence award in PE in her grade level and Rachel received a Compassion award in her grade level.

000_0122

Now let the summer festivities begin!

1 comments:

Ginger said...

Way to go Alex and Rachel!! Keep up the good work!