Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Cousins

I loved hanging out with my cousins growing up. Unfortunately this only happened once a year at Christmas when my family would visit our extended family in the Bay area. Even though there was 12 months between each visit we would pick up right where we left off like it was yesterday. What I remember most about our visits was all the laughing we did together. I always felt a special bond with my cousins even though I didn't know them very well.

Our kids are fortunate that they have cousins who live close by but they don't get to see each other very often. This weekend schedules were rearranged and we were able to have Lyndsey come stay with us for the weekend. The girls had so much fun together. They had a camp out in the back yard, laughed, went swimming, made breakfast for us (eggs, sausage and chocolate chip pancakes...yum!), went to the movies, played, laughed some more, watched a scary movie got scared and decided to spend the second night in the house. They kept themselves entertained all weekend and created some awsome memories. I love this picture even though it's a little fuzzy!

Alex 9.5, Rachel 11 and Lindsey 11.5

Can you picture these girls at 16, 17, and 18? Oh man, we are in trouble!

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Cute picture! I think it's great that the cousins were able to spend time together.

Meredith said...

What a batch of beauties! And yes, I smell trouble!

Jen Manwaring said...

So fun for the girls!! Three beauties for sure.