Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mr. Fix It

I was really irritated a few nights ago when I put a load of laundry in my front load washer. I loaded the towels, closed the door, the door locked, and then I got an error message. I followed the directions to clear the error and it would not clear. It was time to call in … Mr. Fix It!
Seth needed the model number to find the correct manual online. Come to find out that the model number is on the inside of the door that WOULD NOT OPEN. I was really annoyed at this point because I needed clean towels and did not want to pay someone to fix the washer. Seth got the model number over the phone from Sears, found the manual, cleared the code, fixed the door that would not unlock. He found that a few wires had come loose from the lock and reconnected them.
I'm truly grateful to have a husband that can fix things.

0 comments: