Saturday, September 10, 2011

Utah, Part II

Day three we found ourselves heading to Provo for a BBQ at Seth’s uncle Todd’s house (oops, forgot to take pictures). After the BBQ we took the girls and Seth’s parents to Stadium of Fire. I must say I was a little skeptical: I’m not a big fan of watching fireworks. But the event was amazing. Seth and I became a fan of Brad Paisley who performed (that’s big because I’m not really into country music). The patriotic program was very touching and the fireworks were the best I have ever seen.


We had a nice visit on Sunday evening with Seth’s cousin Beverly and her family who happened to be visiting from New York. It’s always nice to finally meet a FaceBook friend. Of course, I forgot to take pictures, again!


On the Fourth of July morning we went mountain bike riding with Seth’s sister Mary, Scott her fiancé, and his really cute kids. We asked them to take it easy on us because we are beginners and had only done this once before. The scenery was so beautiful the ride was a bit rocky but pretty easy as far as the incline we were riding up. The scary part was the trail. The trail was so narrow only bikes could ride one way so we would have to get off our bikes and hug the mountain to let other bikers through. On the other side of us was a drop that was at least a couple hundred feet down the cliff and lots of loose rocks that made it very hard to keep one’s balance – well my balance that is. I ate it a couple of times luckily landed in some wild rhubarb and shrubs which broke my fall down the cliff. I was shaken, a bit scared and tempted to give up. But I had to show my family and myself that I can do hard (in this case scary) things.


Our next casualty was Rachel she fell off her bike and had no rhubarb to catch her fall. Thankfully she fell only a few feet instead of a couple hundred! Angels were definitely with us this day. At this point Scott was ready to make us all turn back but Rachel, though shaken, insisted on making it to the top. Scott took a few members of our party back down the mountain and I was ready to join them but I knew I needed to make it to the top with Rachel. If she could do it so could I! And we did!


Later in the day Seth’s brother Dave and his family came over for a BBQ and fireworks! It was fun to see them and have the cousins hang out together. At 10:00pm I excused myself and went to bed I was so exhausted from our day.


We did manage to get pictures of Eva at the BBQ!


100_3387


On to Stadium of Fire!


100_3389


100_3397


100_3399


100_3428


Our adventurous bike ride!


100_3441


You can see how narrow the trail is!


100_3444


View from the very top, see the road that's how far we road up!


100_3443


BBQ at Grandma & Grandpa’s house.


100_3450 100_3458

0 comments: