Sunday, November 8, 2009

Tweedledee & Tweedledum

This is the funniest story ever! I'm sure every family has their very own Tweedledee and Tweedledum; ours happen to be our daughters, Alex and Rachel.

We were on our way to a family party in north Phoenix and were taking two different cars. I was planning on driving alone in Seth's truck and Seth would be driving with Jeremy, Sierra and the girls in Jeremy's new car. As we drove our caravan to the freeway I realized that I had left my purse at home but decided not to go back home because we were running late. As we got closer to the freeway I realized that I forgot to pack the keyboard that I was asked to bring. I tried to talk myself out of going back home for it but I felt I needed to. I flagged down the boys we turned the cars around and went back home.

100_1508

As I pulled up to the house I saw two cute blond-haired girls in togas standing on our porch. They were Alex and Rachel! I was so surprised to see them because I thought they were in Jeremy's car. I'm a horrible mom! I just started laughing, I laughed so hard I couldn't even breathe and I started crying form the laughter. They ran to truck, "You came back for us!" I was laughing so hard I couldn't even respond to that remark. I hadn't come back for them, I came back for the keyboard!

In the meantime Jeremy pulls up behind me and they have no idea what's going on because they thought the girls were with me the entire time. I tried to explain to them what had happened but I was too hysterical with laughter. Seth thought I was hysterically crying because I had left them behind and it made me broken hearted… not!

Once I calmed down the girls explained to me that Seth had told them to ride with me. Remember I was taking the truck! They got into my car, sat there and watched me drive away! They thought I was joking with them until they realized I wasn't coming back. They decided to try and break into the house with a bobby pin. I think they watch too many spy movies. They didn't call me because they left their cell phones in the house and didn't realize that the back door was left unlocked!

Can you imagine If I hadn't gone back to the house? Alex and Rachel would have been sitting on the front porch for an awfully long time. And once we got to Phoenix would we have turned around immediately to get them? I will never know the alternate ending!

Maybe you had to be there to get the full effect but it was the BEST laugh I have had in a LONG TIME!!! Thank you girls for making my life sooo much fun and thanks for the memory that will haunt you for the rest of your life!

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Evon, I don't know how it's possible but you've topped yourself! This is a GREAT story!

Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing about this story.

Sabrina Bodine said...

LOL!!!! One of those moments where, at the time it was horrible but in hindsight... It was hilarious! Great story:)

Loved the piano post! Alex is doing so well. It was an honor to be apart of her musical growth. I hope she keeps it up! WAY TO GO ALEX!!!!!