Tuesday, January 6, 2009

GREASE is the word...

Grease is one of my all time favorite movies. I love the music, dancing and energy; it's just a fun movie. I saw Grease when it first came out in 1978. I was 9 years old. Seth got me the DVD for Christmas and I was so excited to share one of my favorite movies with my girls. I got so caught up in what I loved about the movie that I forgot all about the innuendos in it. Luckily the girls are still innocent enough they didn't catch on to any of it, but Rizzo's predicament was not so easy to overlook. Guess I won't be getting the Perfect Mom of the Year award! Needless to say, I have created a couple of Grease lovers and they think it's the best movie ever! They have been running around the house for two days singing, "Your The One That I Want" and "Beauty School Drop Out." I think they love it for all the reasons I do.

Watching Grease again as an almost-not-so-quite-for-another-six-months-forty-year-old-woman, the story line did not sit well with me: Good girl changes image to get a boy to like her and all the other stuff in between. I must be growing up!!

I also introduced them to ABBA over the weekend and they know every word to "Dancing Queen." I think Seth has had enough and is ready to move out!

1 comments:

Meredith said...

Yeah...that movies is filthy!!! naughty naughty naughty....ha!